Brophy Brothers is a great local place for a seafood lunch. Right on the water with stunning views, the locals atmosphere is fun and relaxing.
119 Harbor Way Santa Barbara, CA 93109 (805) 966-4418
Stella Mare’s is an adorable little restaurant in Santa Barbara, offering great French fare for lunch. The setting and the great California French fusion food make it something special.
50 Los Patos Way Santa Barbara, CA 93108.Phone: 805-969-6705 www.stellamares.com
Things to see and do in Santa Barbara
- Check out State St. and the Stens Warf, where lots of films have been shot.
- Santa Barbara Mission is considered one of the best preserved and most active missions in California
- Pismo Beach, about 1.5 hours outside of Santa Monica
- Gaviota Peak Hot Springs Hike : Gaviota Peak is a small mountain located west of Santa Barbara in the Los Padres National Forest. Although the main attractions in the area are the Gaviota Hot Springs and Gaviota State Beach, Gaviota Peak provides a moderate day hike with amazing views of the ocean and Channel Islands. Check out more reviews and info on this hike at these sites:
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden: 1212 Mission Canyon Road Santa Barbara, CA 93105-2126 www.SantaBarbaraBotanicGarden.org
- The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is a place of beauty and serenity, of education, research and conservation, of history and stewardship. We foster stewardship of the natural world through inspired learning, rigorous scholarship, and premier displays. Through an emphasis on plants native to California, we advance the knowledge and understanding of plant life and provide a rewarding experience for our visitors.
- Urban Wine Trail: http://www.urbanwinetrailsb.com/
- We invite visitors and locals alike to taste some of the finest wines produced in Santa Barbara County, all within blocks of downtown and the beach. Created by a group of like-minded wineries, the Santa Barbara Urban Wine Trail offers both novices and aficionados the opportunity to learn about and taste wines of many different varieties and styles crafted from Santa Barbara County’s best vineyards. So do your shopping, take your hike, see the sights and work on your tan, but don’t miss the opportunity to sip your way through the wineries of downtown Santa Barbara.
Santa Barbara Museums, including Santa Barbara Museum of Art: http://www.sbmuseart.org/