A strong cultural influence combined with precision engineering and old world charm makes Germany a top European destination. Also famous for its hearty foods and beer, great ski resorts, as well as renowned opera houses…the list of great things to see and do in Germany is a lengthy one. Contact an Insider today for exclusive offers not available to the general public.
- Baltic Sea Coast (Ostseeküste) — miles of sandy beaches and islands (Rügen) with resorts.
- Bavarian Alps — home of Neuschwanstein Castle and Germany’s best skiing and snowboarding, hiking and mountain biking. Beautiful resorts, and the village Oberammergau.
- Black Forest (Schwarzwald) — wide mountain peaks, amazing views, well traveled by tourists and hikers.
- East Frisian Islands(Ostfriesische Inseln) — twelve islands in the Wadden Sea
- Elm Lappwald — Beautiful forest area; great for family vacations.
- Franconian Switzerland(Fränkische Schweiz) — its’ beauty has been compared to Switzerland’s.
- Harz — a low mountain range in the Central Uplands of Germany, famous for its historic silver mines and for the pretty villages of Quedlinburg, Goslar, and Wernigerode.
- Lake Constance(Bodensee) — an extremely beautiful corner of Central Europe, it has water sports and scenic towns.
- Middle Rhine Valley(Mittelrheintal) — famous for its wines.
- Romantic Road (Romantische Straße) — a theme route over 400 km in length in southern Germany featuring historical castles.
- Schöningen — famous for 320,000 year old spears, the oldest wooden artifacts and weapons ever found.
“There are so many ways to tour Europe; I can…”Read more
Platinum Card members may also contact an Insider at
Learn more >
What do we mean by “Insiders”?
Click play to find out.
Insiders on: Germany
- Geography: Northern coastlines along the Northern Sea and the Baltic Sea, fields and famous forests centrally, and the Alps lie to the south of Germany.
- Official Languages: German; English is also spoken frequently.
- Weather: Besides the Alps, Germany typically does not have either extremely cold winters nor overly hot summers.